- Posted on: Jun 29 2019
Dermablading Facial – $195 Package of 4 $695
Dermablading, or epidermal leveling must be performed by a Licensed Esthetician, who have had special training in Dermablading. At Aria MediSpa you are guaranteed that when a Dermablading treatment is performed it is according to the industry’s guidelines and standards.
What is Dermablading?
Dermablading is a quick, painless and relatively safe treatment that can do wonders for your skin. It is a non invasive, non chemical, deep manual exfoliation that exfoliates the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). Dermablading offers a rare combination of an overall skin rejuvenation and facial hair removal benefits.
Dermablading is performed by using a disposable sterile surgical blade called a dermatome. When using the dermatome we abrade the outer most layers of dead skin cells with light feathering strokes to smooth away the surface layer of the skin. This procedure is highly customizable and can be performed on a small area or
on the entire face excluding nose. Whether you want to receive only the Dermablading treatment or you prefer a Dermablading facial, depending on your needs the procedure can take from a few minutes to a full hour to complete.
Although it is considered one of the more aggressive skin exfoliation it is a treatment that can be repeated every 3-4 weeks. Results are usually seen instantaneously with minimal to no downtime. After receiving this complete rejuvenation procedure, your
skin appears smoother, healthier, more radiant and more youthful just absolutely dewy and glowing.
What does the treatment feel like?
It is a painless procedure and can be compared to the sensation of shaving. While using the dermatome with one hand the other hand will pull an area of your skin taut. Provided the person is properly trained, Dermablading is relatively safe and is highly effective in anti-aging benefits.
Who is Dermablading suitable for?
Dermablading is suitable for all skin types except acne-prone skin.
- It is especially effective on those with dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimize superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone.
- It is beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a buildup of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age.
- It is a first choice for patients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the patient healthier smoother looking skin.
- Because Dermablading is an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion it is a good choice for skins who are extremely sensitive, experience redness and/or rosacea. Although this is considered a more aggressive treatment, Dermablading does not break the capillaries on the face.
- Unfortunately it is not recommended for acne prone skin because of the removal of vellus hair. The oil from the sebaceous glands needs to travel up and connect with the vellus hair in order for it to be excreted. If the hair is removed and the oil builds up, the glands are obstructed and the individual may experience more breakouts and even more severe acne. An alternative treatment with similar skin therapy without the removal of vellus hair would be Silk Peel