- Posted on: Apr 5 2019
If you’re looking for a non-invasive way to improve you’re appearance and take years off your face, you may have considered Botox. Botox is a trusted and popular treatment that has been used to treat wrinkles for many years. Here’s what you should know.
How does Botox work?
Botox is made from the botulin toxin, which in controlled amounts can safely reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by temporarily weakening muscles in the target area. Botox is injected into the specific area being treated using a very tiny needle. Many facial wrinkles are caused by repeated muscle movements—Botox injections relax the face and reduce or eliminate the appearance of these wrinkles. Botox is usually used to treat forehead lines, wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet), and frown lines.
Botox is very safe and treatments have been approved by the FDA. While Botox is primarily used for treating wrinkles, it has also been used to treat excessive sweating, migraines and chronic eye spasms.
What should you expect?
The results of Botox treatments appear about one week after the treatment and last for four to six months. When the results have worn off, it is completely safe to undergo another treatment, which allows you to maintain a younger, more attractive appearance.
Who is a good candidate for Botox?
Botox is a safe, effective, and trusted treatment—and it has been for many years. However, Botox isn’t the best solution for everyone—so who should consider Botox and who should try something else?
People who should consider an alternative:
- Those who want to restore fullness to the face or enhance the volume of their lips. If this applies to you, ask about dermal fillers.
- Those who want long term, dramatic results instead of ongoing treatments every 4-6 months. If you want dramatic, lasting results, a facelift may be a better alternative
People who should consider Botox:
- Those who want to eliminate wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movements.
- Those who would like to look younger and less stressed.
- Those who are uncomfortable with surgery and are looking for a non-invasive alternative.
- Those who want to return to normal activities immediately after the treatment.
To learn more about Botox and other cosmetic treatments, schedule a consultation at Aria Medi Spa 703 4442800
Posted in: Facial Rejuvenation