“Frotox?” Let’s Take a Look at What a Cryotherapy Facial Can Do for You!
- Posted on: Sep 20 2017
Cryotherapy sounds like the hot new trend in health and wellness. In reality, this modality has been around for hundreds of years. Most recently, we might recognize cryotherapy as ice-baths used to help athletes recover from a hard day on the field. We now also hear about the use of cryotherapy units to help the Average Joe (and Jane) soothe sore muscles and release toxins from the body.
Perhaps the idea of stepping into a freezing cubicle, even for a short three minutes, doesn’t sound like your thing. ARIA MediSpa has another treatment option that you might love: the cryotherapy facial. This all-natural, non-invasive facial service has some benefits, including:
- Detoxification. The skin holds more toxins than you may think and is a primary source of releasing toxins, as well. Cryo facials facilitate the expulsion of toxins, which means more radiant, healthy skin.
- Help for acne. The acne-prone skin may flare up at any moment and may be susceptible to scarring. Between detoxification and a nice boost to skin cells, cryo facials have been shown to improve resistance to acne-causing bacteria and also the appearance of scarring.
- Cellular turnover. The skin cells are regenerating all the time. We lose as many as one-million cells a day. As such, you would think we would all have glowing skin all the time. That’s not the case. Dead cells have a way of sticking to the surface, mucking it up. A cryotherapy facial expedites the release of these cells and also encourages the regeneration of new cells.
- Tighter skin. Many people today are looking for ways to resolve laxity issues or prevent them from occurring too early. We all lose collagen as we age, and as we spend time in the sun. The freezing temperature of a cryotherapy facial excites the fibroblasts that produce collagen, promoting tightness, firmness, and youthfulness.
- Anti-inflammatory effects. Skin that is inflamed looks red and irritated. Whole-body cryotherapy is often used to reduce systemic inflammation. Cryotherapy facials have a localized effect, soothing inflammation on the skin. This may improve symptoms of psoriasis, eczema, and other types of dermatitis.
See what a cryotherapy facial can do for you. Call our Sterling office at 703-444-2800.