Get a Sexy, Sun-Kissed Glow Safely With Sunless Tanning
- Posted on: Jan 15 2016
Glowing tanned skin can make you look sexier, younger, and healthier, but if you get that tan from a tanning bed or laying out on the beach, you could seriously damage your skin, speed up the development of wrinkles, and risk fatal skin cancer. Bronzed skin isn’t worth all the risks that come with UV radiation, but fortunately there is another option. Sunless tanning (often called a spray tan) can give you the look you want without harming your skin or your long-term health. Keep reading to learn more.
Sunless Tanning Basics
Aria Medi Spa offers high quality, customizable spray tanning for those who’d like to look their best all year long. The specialized formulated solution uses primer, a choice of four levels of bronzing, and a post-tan moisturizing treatment. Maintained well, the color can last for 4-10 days.
How should you prepare your skin?
For best results, you should prepare your skin before the procedure so that the color can go on evenly. The following tips can help:
- Exfoliate your skin before the sunless tanning session.
- Shave with water and soap at least 6 hours before your session. Some shaving cream contains oil that can interfere with the tanning solution, so simple soap is the best option. If you wax, be sure to wax 1 or 2 days before the appointment.
- Remove all makeup before the appointment and don’t apply any oils before or after the session.
What can you do to make the tan last as long as possible?
The following tips can keep your skin looking sun-kissed for longer:
- Wait at least 8-12 hours after the session before swimming, exercising, or showering—longer is better. Don’t be alarmed if you see some color wash off in the shower since this is normal.
- Shower before exercising for the first time after your session.
- Avoid using oil based moisturizers that could interfere with the formula
- Wait at least 48 hours before exfoliating your skin and be extra gentle if you do so you get even results.
- Always wear sunscreen when going outside since the sunless tan does not provide protection from UV radiation.
To learn more about safe, sunless tanning, schedule a consultation at Aria Medi Spa.
Image courtesy of Victor Habbick at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Posted in: Skin Treatments