Did You Know Floating Could Do This For You?
- Posted on: Mar 1 2018
Float therapy has become increasingly popular in recent years, and we are oh, so pleased to now have a tank of our own in which our clients can take a few minutes to get away from it all. The large size float Room here in our Sterling, VA Aria Wellness and Yoga Center is not what you may imagine. Some people, when they even hear the word “float tank,” conjure up ideas of complete sensory deprivation. Yes, some forms of float therapy do follow that idea. Not here.
The large tank of body-temperature water in our float room is complemented by a wall of Himalayan Salt along with soothing lighting and sound effects. Now that you have a more accurate depiction of what the float room at Aria MediSpa is like let’s look at some of the reasons why experts suggest float therapy for adults of all ages.
- Floating can improve sleep. Studies suggest that insomnia improved for a 12-week period following just two weeks of float therapy. And that was only one, two-hour session each week. Even a weekly float has been shown to improve sleep, a welcome change for anyone with insomnia.
- Tame tension. More than tension, it’s the headaches that go along with it that can be frustrating. Researchers at UC Irvine tested float therapy as a method of relief and found that the frequency and intensity of tension headaches declined after float sessions.
- Muscle recovery. After a hard workout, muscles fill with lactic acid. Research indicates that float therapy reduces the lactic acid buildup that causes muscle soreness.
- Forced meditation. If you’ve heard all the buzz about why we should all develop a meditation practice, but you just can’t get into it, weekly float sessions could be the trick to get your mind off of the daily hubbub and into greater awareness.
- Blood pressure reduction. Many adults are concerned about elevated blood pressure that comes from stress, diet, and our family genetics. Float therapy is beneficial for the body by reducing both physical and mental fatigue that can lead to high blood pressure.
There are many more benefits to float therapy. Discover them for yourself by calling our Sterling med spa to schedule your session in our brand-new tank. Call 703-444-2800.