Starting April 21th we will provide 60 min yoga classes for kids 6 year old + . “Kids Yoga Series” included 4 classes and scheduled every Saturday’s at 12:30pm.
“Kids Yoga Series” offer combination of 30 min yoga, and 30 minutes of “mindfulness” or “calming exercises like mala making or Mandala Coloring and cost $95
Mountains tumbling into head stands. Head stands morphing into speeding cycles. Bridges collapsing into roaring lions. Sounds like a CGI movie? Actually they’re nothing but scenes from a normal household where a child plays the lead role. Heavy on drama, kids are also born acrobats. Yoga postures for instance, are natural poses for a child. In fact, simple yoga asanas seem to be embedded in the human body.
If you observe an infant, you will see a good deal of toddler yoga. A sleeping baby inadvertently strikes the ‘Chinmudra’ where the thumb and index finger touch. A six month old baby is frequently found on its back in Bhujangasana (cobra posture). While Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward dog pose) is a perennial favorite.
Unfortunately, it’s not easy being a kid these days
Children spend most of their time shunting between homework and school related extra-curricular activities. There’s little time for free play. They face over stimulation; distractions; and academic and peer pressure too early in life. Plus they’re plagued by their own insecurities and fears.
Yoga can help children deal with this pressure-cooker environment. And infuse energy and confidence into their personalities.
• Yoga develops awareness of body, mind and breath.
• Helps arrest a child’s wandering mind. Builds attention span and concentration power.
• Augments imagination and creativity.
• Relieves mental and physical fatigue. Boosts energy levels and provides deep relaxation too.
• Helps overcome negative emotions like jealousy, fear and anger.
• Fosters a positive self image and increases confidence.
• Increases breathing and lung capacity.
• Exercises, strengthens and lengthens different muscles in the body.
• Encourages healthy food habits. A blessing for parents who have to deal with picky eaters and junk food addiction
• Reduces obsession with TV and other electronic devices