Pacemaker or internal defibrillator.
- Superficial metal or other implants in the treatment area.
- Current or history of skin cancer, or current condition of any other type of cancer, or pre-malignant moles.
- History of any kind of cancer *
- Severe concurrent conditions, such as cardiac disorders.
- Pregnancy and nursing.
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications. *
- Diseases, which may be stimulated by light at the wavelengths used, such as history of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Porphyria, and Epilepsy. *
- Patients with history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, may be treated only following a prophylactic regimen.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as Diabetes.
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, Psoriasis, eczema, and rash.
- History of skin disorders, keloids, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin.
- History of bleeding coagulopathies, or use of anticoagulants.
- Use of medications, herbs, food supplements, and vitamins known to induce photo-sensitivity to light exposure at the wavelengths used, such as Isotretinoin (Accutane) within last 6 months, Tetracycline, or St. John’s Wort within the last two weeks. *
- Facial laser resurfacing and deep chemical peeling within the last three months, if face is treated.
- Excessively tanned skin from sun, sun-beds or tanning creams within the last two weeks.
Possible Side Effects
Side effects may include any of those conditions listed below.
- Excessive skin redness (erythema) and/or swelling (edema);
- Damage to natural skin texture (crust, blister, burn);
- Change of pigmentation (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation);